A couple of months ago I started working on integrating IBM Watson with Salesforce. My original post described the overall design, in this follow up I discuss how to install and use the lightning component.
- Knowledge of Apex and the force.com platform
- IBM Watson Developer Account – You need valid IBM Watson developer account see here on how to get started
- Twitter App – The Personality Insights service uses this as input. Guide on creating a Twitter App
This section highlights all the necessary config required in your Dev Org to get and running with the component.
Deploy the components to a Dev org. Head over to the GitHub Repo and deploy using the Deploy to Salesforce button.
Update Custom Settings
IBM Watson Service Credentials
- Setup a IBM Watson Developer Account and create a Personality Insights Service
- Grab the credentials and store in the `IBM_Watson_PersonalityInsights` Custom Setting.
- The URL for the service is actually `https://gateway.watsonplatform.net/personality-insights/api/v2/profile`.
The API docs can be found here
- Create a App on https://apps.twitter.com and grab the key and access token
- Store the credentials in `Twitter_API` Custom Setting
Enable My Domain
Find the option in Setup and select a domain, make sure its enabled before progressing to the next step.
Add Component to Contact Page
The Personality Insights Component should be placed on the Contact Record Home page. In order to do this you need to enable App Builder for Lightning Pages if you haven’t done so already.
Once you have done this, navigate to a Contact Record Detail page and click
Edit Page option from the setup menu.
- View Users with a similar personality profile as the Contact
- Work for both Lead and Contact or other Custom Object
- Test classes
- Better error handling
- Happy to discuss other ideas 🙂